Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Scope and Contents The Marsh family papers consist of original and typed transcripts of Civil War letters, the bulk of which were written by Benjamin F. Marsh to his family in Fentonville, Michigan, while serving in the 8th Michigan Infantry. There are also letters from other family members, including A. B. Fay, Ed Francis Holmes, Gordon K. Fay, Lucy A. Bacon, and Augustus Holmes.The letters describe Marsh's army experiences on the march, in camp, in battle, on provost duty, and in army hospitals as...
Dates: 1833-1887, undated
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 X
- Subject: Letters (correspondence) X
- Repository: University Archives and Historical Collections X
- Names: United States. Army. Michigan Infantry Regiment, 8th (1861-1865) X
- Names: United States. Army -- Military life -- History -- 19th century X