Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Scope and Contents This collection consists of letters from Abel G. Peck to his family during the Civil War. His letters describe Sharpsburg, Maryland, in the aftermath of the battle of Antietam, as well as as his part in the battles of Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville. Also included in the collection is a letter from a newly appointed woman faculty member at Hillsdale, Michigan. The letter (1859) describes the college and her experiences as the first women hired by a previously all-male...
Dates: 1859 - 1863
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 X
- Subject: Fredericksburg, Battle of, Fredericksburg, Va., 1862 X
- Subject: Chancellorsville, Battle of, Chancellorsville, Va., 1863 X
- Repository: University Archives and Historical Collections X
- Names: United States. Army. Michigan Infantry Regiment, 24th (1862-1865) X