Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Scope and Contents The collection consists of family correspondence, documents, and business records, particularly relating to Henry Chamberlain. Included are genealogies of the Chamberlain, Langdon, Woodward and Wheelock families.The letters in the early years of the collection relate to the migration of the family westward to Ohio, and then to Michigan. There is an 1830 agreement in which certain New Hampshire citizens sponsor William Chamberlain to go and scout the area above the Ohio River for...
Dates: 1795 - 1931
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 X
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons X
- Subject: Agriculture -- Michigan X
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Public opinion X
- Repository: University Archives and Historical Collections X