Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents The bulk of this collection consists of Civil War letters from Benjamin B. Brock of the 26th Michigan Infantry to his family. Brock fought in the eastern theater and was wounded at Spottsylvania, but later returned to his regiment. His letters describe his experiences but are generally concerned with home matters. He frequently expressed his dissatisfaction with the army and especially with a war to free slaves. The letters relating to his service in the Civil War have been...
Dates: 1861 - 1865
Scope and Contents
The collection contains correspondence, invitations, programs, and certificates relating to the Pinckney family. Also included are newspapers and newspaper clippings related to the Civil War and early Lansing, Michigan, history.
Dates: 1848 - 1959
Scope and Contents This collection consists mainly of correspondence and other papers relating to the Stephen Scofield family of Ingham County, Michigan. Much of the correspondence relates to Grace Scofield Bridger (daughter of Stephen) and is mostly personal in content. Of special interest, however, are a letter (January 24, 1858) describing land and farming conditions in Wisconsin, and a letter (May 3, 1888) relating farming news and local market prices of farm produce in Kansas. Also included are a number...
Dates: 1853-1920, undated
- Letters (correspondence) 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- Agriculture -- Wisconsin 1
- Education -- Michigan 1
- Lansing (Mich.) 1
- Legal instruments 1
- Michigan -- Politics and government 1
- Poetry 1
- Tintype 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Medical care 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Social aspects 1 ∧ less
- Bridger, Lewis 1
- United States. Army -- Military life -- History -- 19th century 1
- United States. Army. Michigan Infantry Regiment, 23rd (1862-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Michigan Infantry Regiment, 26th (1862-1865) 1