Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents The Charles A. Jewell papers consist of original correspondence and a manuscript compilation of transcribed letters and family history.The first group of correspondence (1860-1862) consists of original letters written by Charles to his family while he was attending Michigan Agricultural College, and a letter to Jewell's parents from Theophilus C. Abbot, Professor of English during this period discuss the courses he was taking, his instructors and their teaching methods, dormitory...
Dates: 1860 - 1979
Scope and Contents This collection includes the transcribed letters of Civil War infantryman, Benjamin Franklin Marsh, compiled by Michigan State student Charles L. Mack. The original letters can be found in the Marsh family papers (c.00047). Also included is a paper written by Charles L. Mack on Benjamin F. Marsh and the Eighth Michigan Infantry.
Dates: 1862-1865, 1973
Scope and Contents The Gerald E. Cronin papers consist of an autographed manuscript "Naval Operations in the Pacific Ocean during the Civil War."
Scope and Contents This collection consists of the manuscript entitled "Michigan Bridget: Discovering the Truth Behind the Legend" by James S. Hannum, M.D. The manuscript is about Bridget Deavers, a camp follower with the First Michigan Cavalry who acted as a field nurse for the troops. The manuscript investigates her origins, the role she played in the war, and what she did after the war. The manuscript primarily focuses on the years 1862 to 1867. Also included in the manuscript is a bibliography. This...
- Letters (correspondence) 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Lime Creek (Mich.) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Naval operations 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Women 1 ∧ less
- Abbot, Theophilus Capen, 1826-1892 1
- Cronin, Gerald E. 1
- Deavers, Bridget 1
- Hannum, James S. 1
- Jewell, Charles Adolphus 1
- Michigan Agricultural College 1
- Michigan State University. Alumni and alumnae 1
- United States Postal Service 1
- United States. Army. Michigan Cavalry Regiment, 1st (1861-1866) 1
- United States. Army. Michigan Infantry Regiment, 18th (1862-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Michigan Infantry Regiment, 8th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Navy 1 ∧ less