Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Scope and Contents This collection consists primarily of Civil War letters received by Emmiline (Emma) Daggett, of Clinton County, Michigan. Emma received letters from her brother Will in the 10th Michigan Cavalry, her cousin George Daggett in the 33rd New York Infantry, and other friends in those regiments. The letters describe the soldiers' experiences but are primarily concerned with home matters. The bulk of the letters are from William Eaegle of the 3rd Michigan Cavalry, who married Emma Daggett in 1864....
Dates: 1861 - 1876
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 X
- Subject: United States -- Politics and government -- 19th century X
- Subject: Letters (correspondence) X
- Names: United States. Army -- Military life -- History -- 19th century X
- Names: United States. Army. New York Infantry Regiment, 33rd (1861-1863) X