Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Scope and Content The papers of Benjamin Franklin Wade span the years 1832-1886, but the bulk falls within the period of his service as a U.S. Senator, 1852-1869. The collection consists of microfilm almost entirely of correspondence, letters received, and Wade’s letters to his wife, Caroline. One box of miscellany includes routine requests for government documents, printed speeches, letters of James F. Wade (son of Benjamin F.) to his parents, maps, business papers, and printed matter....
Dates: 1832 - 1886; Majority of material found within 1852 - 1869
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 X
- Subject: United States -- Politics and government -- 19th century X
- Subject: Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) X
- Names: Stanton, Edwin M. (Edwin McMasters), 1814-1869 X
- Names: United States. Congress. Joint Committee on the Conduct of the War X