Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Scope and Contents The Alexander H. Stephens papers consist of microfilm containing primarily correspondence. The letters concern Stephens' Georgia plantation and include some letters from his slaves. The correspondence is especially concerned with politics, in Georgia, on the national level, and in the Confederacy during the Civil War. Topics include secession, the formation of the Confederacy, the progress of the war, the eventual defeat of the Confederate armies, and Reconstruction.The Stephens...
Dates: 1784 - 1886
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 X
- Subject: United States -- Politics and government -- 19th century X
- Subject: Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) X
- Names: Stephens, Alexander H. (Alexander Hamilton), 1812-1883 X
- Names: Lamar, L. Q. C. (Lucius Quintus Cincinnatus), 1825-1893 X