Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Identifier: MSS 346 large
Scope and Contents The Andrés G. Guerrero papers (1971-1993) consist of documents and realia relating to Professor Guerrero’s interest in Chicano Liberation Theology and the Chicano civil rights movement. Of note is the commemorative flag from Cesar Chavez's funeral mass at St. Julia's church on May 2, 1993 in Austin, Texas. The items span from 1971 to 1993 and are in English. Interview recordings for his book A Chicano Theology have been digitized and are available through the MSU Kline Digital Media Center.
Identifier: MSS 456
Scope and Contents The Chicano/Latino T-shirt and Textile collection consists draw upon many Midwest US related themes. Items included are a MSU ChiSPA team shirt for Las Comadres, Dia de la Mujer and other MSU Chicanx student and staff events; shirts from the campaigns of Elena Herrada for the Detroit City Charter Commission and Detroit School Board, the Tony Benavides Lansing Michigan mayoral campaign, and the imprisonment of Puerto Rican FALN member and political prisoner Oscar Lopez Rivera (President Obama...
Dates: 1974 - 2016
Identifier: MSS 348 large
Scope and Contents This David Khilji Papers (1999-2001) relate to Khilji’s interest in campus political activities. Of particular note is the folder on the construction of a memorial fountain at EMU honoring union labor organizer and President of the United Farm Workers, Cesar E. Chavez.
Identifier: MSS 474 large
Scope and Contents The Justo Hernandez papers consist of materials gathered from his volunteer work organizing local United Farm Workers union activities. Photographs of Cesar E. Chavez at local activities are included. These materials are also available as part of MICHILAC, an online digital resource.
Dates: 1979 - 1995
Identifier: MSS 349 large
Scope and Contents The Paulo R. Gordillo papers consists of materials supporting the naming of a Lansing city street to commemorate Cesar E. Chavez’s life and work on behalf of the agricultural worker in the United States. The contents include documents, news clippings and correspondence on: Cesar Chavez Day 1995; the Committee for Cesar Chavez Avenue; various news articles on Lansing area issues including the Q -106 radio program on a controversial 5° de Mayo radio broadcast and a resulting “Media and Community...
Identifier: MSS 214 large
Scope and Contents The FBI Freedom of Information Act Cesar E. Chavez and the United Farm Workers Files (1965) are comprised of print copies of materials released from the original FBI case files through a FOIA request.
- Names: Chavez, Cesar, 1927-1993 X
- Boycotts -- Unitied States -- Sources 1
- Brochures 1
- Business correspondence 1
- Chicano movement -- History -- Sources. 1
- Cinco de Mayo (Mexican holiday) 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Fliers (Ephemera) 1
- Hispanic American college students -- Political activity -- Sources. 1
- Hispanic Americans -- Political activity -- Michigan -- Sources 1
- Hispanic Americans -- Political activity -- Sources 1
- Labor unions -- United States -- History -- Sources. 1
- Lansing (Mich.) -- Politics and government. 1
- Mexican American college students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Mexican American college students -- Michigan -- Ypsilanti. 1
- Mexican Americans -- Michigan -- Lansing. 1
- Mexican Americans. 1
- Photographs 1
- Political campaigns -- Michigan -- Sources 1
- Resolutions (administrative records) 1
- Saginaw (Mich.) -- Politics and government. 1
- Student movements -- Michigan -- East Lansing -- Sources 1
- Student movements -- Michigan. 1
- T-shirts 1 ∧ less
- United Farm Workers 4
- Eastern Michigan University 1
- Hernandez, Justo 1
- López Rivera, Óscar 1
- Michigan State University 1