Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Scope and Contents The collection consists of postcards of the class rush of 1914, and a CD of scanned images of the postcards. The photographs contain images of the interior of Trimoria fraternity house, friends of Hopperstead, and a group shot of the engineering class of 1920. Also included is an oversized image of the class of 1918. The papers include a Trimoria initiation banquet menu for June 12, 1920 and a list of the members of the Pinetum Literary Club for the Fall term of 1917.
Dates: 1914 - 1920
Scope and Contents The Arthur Sorenson collection consists of a scrapbook documenting his college years and a folder of photocopies of materials that were originally in the scrapbook. The scrapbook contains photographs, event programs and ribbons, dance cards, correspondence, announcements, tickets, and newspaper clippings. The photographs depict athletic events, university organizations, school events, candid pictures of students, images of campus, and other miscellaneous events. The scrapbook includes an...
Dates: 1903 - 1913
Scope and Contents The Dudley P. Hall papers contain a senior thesis written in 1915 and a scrapbook regarding life at MSU. The thesis is entitled, "Investigation on Boulevards and the Design of a Boulevard to be Constructed between Saginaw and Bay City, Mich." and was written by J.P. Vincent and Dudley P. Hall. The thesis contains text regarding the purpose of the boulevard as well as maps of the area and photographs from different survey points. The scrapbook contains photographs of people and campus...
Dates: 1910 - 1915
Scope and Content The Frank Mitchell collection contains an alumni program for 1907, articles and obituaries about Mitchell and photograph of the Michigan State University campus. The photographs include campus buildings and scenes, class rivalry and pranks, fields, generators, power plant, the Red Cedar river including images of flooding. Also included are images with Lyman Frimodig, Frank Mitchell, and MSU and Ohio State baseball coaches.
Dates: 1897 - 1964
Scope and Contents The John A. Holden collection contains photographs relating to Holden's time at Michigan Agricultural College. The collection includes photos of teams of football, baseball, and basketball as well as individuals and action shots. There are also photographs of the 1911 vs 1912 class rivalry. Other images include a group photo of the class of 1911, faculty row, a room "stacked" as prank, and hall decorated for the JHop. There are also photographs of an Aurorean Society party which the 1912...
Dates: 1908 - 1912
Scope and Contents The Louis Russell collection contains a photograph album and a student beanie hat. The photograph album contains signatures of Russell's friends, images of Russell and his friends, interior and exterior images of the Union Literary Society house, images of the college circus and parade which was put on by students, and images of class rush/class rivalry activities. Also included is a student activity ticket book from spring 1947 belonging to Dale E. Hathaway. According to the donor, Hathaway...
Dates: 1909-1912, 1947
Scope and Contents The Oliver Dales collection consists of glass plate negatives. The negatives include images of Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) circa 1899. Images include athletics, military science, campus grounds, unidentified people, class rivalry activities, and dormitory scenes. There are also images of buildings including Linton Hall as the library, interior shot of Williams Hall, interior of a greenhouse, machine shop, and possibly faculty row. In addition there are...
Dates: circa 1899
Scope and Contents The Storrs Family Collections consists of MSU photographs and memorabilia from the Storrs family. The material came from Alice Crafts Storrs class of 1915, Delbert E. Storrs class of 1917, and Flora May Storrs Buday class of 1944. Images include class rush and class rivalry, 1915 J-Hop, MAC carnival, rules for 1912 MAC carnival, and the military band on the football field. There is also an image of the first touchdown at the October 18, 1913 MAC vs University of Michigan Football game, and...
Dates: 1912-1915, undated
Scope and Contents William Purdy Peters papers consist of a nine page paper entitled "Opening Closed Doors," which describes Michigan State University from about 1926 to 1928, when Peters was a student. The paper discusses classes (physical education, English, and animal husbandry), Reserve Officer Training Corp, professors, students, student activities (including hazing and class rush), and the city of East Lansing.
Dates: 1983 - 1983
- Names: Michigan Agricultural College. Class rivalry X
- Athletics 3
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 2
- Photographs 2
- Postcards 2
- Student activities -- Michigan -- East Lansing 2
- Basketball 1
- Bay City (Mich.) 1
- Carnivals 1
- Circus 1
- College athletes -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- College buildings 1
- College campuses 1
- College campuses -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Dormitories 1
- Dormitory life -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- East Lansing (Mich.) 1
- Engineering -- Study and teaching 1
- Ephemera 1
- Farm Lane (East Lansing, Mich.) 1
- Football 1
- Greek letter societies -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Military 1
- Military education -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Photograph albums 1
- Railroad accidents 1
- Red Cedar River (Mich.) 1
- Saginaw (Mich.) 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Streets -- Michigan 1
- Student activities 1
- Students -- Recreation 1
- Students -- Societies, etc. 1
- Track and field 1 ∧ less
- Michigan State University 4
- Michigan State University. Class of 1912 2
- Michigan State University. Department of Military Science/ROTC 2
- United States. Army. Reserve Officers' Training Corps 2
- Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity. Alpha Pi Chapter (Michigan State University) 1
- Michigan Agricultural College 1
- Michigan Agricultural College. Circus 1
- Michigan Agricultural College. Department of Military Science 1
- Michigan Agricultural College. Students 1
- Michigan Agricultural College. Union Literary Society 1
- Michigan State University. Class of 1910 1
- Michigan State University. Football 1
- Michigan State University. Junior Hop 1
- Michigan State University. Sports. Basketball 1
- Michigan State University. Students 1
- Michigan State University. Students. Societies, etc 1
- Russell, Louis S. 1 ∧ less