Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Scope and Contents The Brian Gladue collection consists of slides of take by alumnus Brian Gladue during his time at MSU 1975-1979. Include are images of campus buildings and grounds, the marching band on the field at Spartan Stadium, tennis courts near Spartan Stadium, the Spartan/ Sparty Statue, and students walking and biking to class. Of note is an image of an MSU Police car and officer at Transportation Services under Spartan Stadium. There is also an image of entrance sign to MSU near Hagadorn Road and...
Dates: 1975, 1978-1979
Scope and Contents The Edward J. Frost collection contains a photograph album of cyanotypes created by Edward J. Frost of Michigan Agricultural College. Frost made the cyanotype prints from negatives borrowed from M.A.C. Professor Rolla C. Carpenter. The images were taken circa 1888, and are of buildings, grounds, students, and interior shots of classrooms, greenhouses, library, museum and shops. Buildings include the Linton Hall, the Armory, the first Williams Hall, Chemical Laboratory/Physics and Electrical...
Dates: circa 1888, undated
Content Description This collection consists of three photographs of the fire that consumed the first Wells Hall on February 11, 1905.
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs and negatives of buildings, some during construction, at Michigan State College (now Michigan State University) taken by Harold J. McGarvey. There are also photographs and negatives of what appears to be the East Lansing area.
Dates: 1937, 1939
Scope and Contents John Henry papers consist of reminiscences of Michigan State College entitled, "Life in Old Wells Hall: Apology or Appreciation?" It covers the years 1927 to 1930, and discusses life in Wells Dormitory, Michigan State College traditions, Reserve Officer Training Corp, faculty and staff, student social life, finances, modes of transportation, and world events. Also included is one small photograph of Wells Hall, dated November 1930, in which it is decorated for the Detroit football game.
Dates: 1980 - 1980
Scope and Contents This collection consists of 11 postcards of scenes and buildings of Michigan Agricultural College. Notable images include sheep grazing along Farm Lane; "the Shops" consisting of the Wood Shop, Machine Shop, Foundry, and Forge Shop; Wells Hall; interior of M.A.C. Power Plant; interior of the Chapel; Old College Hall surrounded by stumps; scenes of the Red Cedar River; and a scene of a student standing on top of the Class of 1900 fountain/ horse trough as an initiation right into Tau Beta Phi.
Dates: circa 1908-1909
Scope and Content The collection consists of eleven photographs taken by Nathan Taisch in 1929. Five of the photographs show the Michigan State College band performing at a football game. One photograph is of Wells Hall decorated with a large "S" and a banner reading "Spartans Beat Detroit." Four of the photographs are of men standing around a tower of junk for the sophomore barbeque with signs reading "U. of Detroit" and "Health Service." The final photograph is of eight men posing for a picture with the...
Dates: 1929, undated
Scope and Contents The Sidney Stevens collection contains an Michigan Agricultural College Bulletin from 1912 that advertises the college. The bulletin has photographs of the Agriculture Building, Engineering Hall, Wells Hall, Abbot Hall, Williams Hall, the Women's Building [Morrill Hall], the college band, the college post office, the forest nursery, the main dairy barn and a panoramic photograph of a vista near the main entrance of campus. There are also M.A.C. postcards of cannons in front of Wells Hall, track...
Dates: 1912, 1914, undated
Scope and Content The collection contains MSU historical materials from and unknown source. The materials include an announcement for an alumni reunion, alumni reunion program held during the Semicentennial year, Feronian Society twenty-fifth anniversary event program, program for the junior banquet for the class of 1906, a page recording weekly hours for labor for the Mechanical Engineering department in 1895, postcards of the library (Linton Hall) and Wild Garden (Beal Garden), MIAA field meet ticket,...
Dates: 1867-1989, undated
- Names: Michigan State University. Buildings. Wells Hall X
- College campuses -- Michigan -- East Lansing 2
- Photographs 2
- Postcards 2
- Red Cedar River (Mich.) 2
- Anniversaries 1
- College buildings 1
- College buildings -- Design and construction 1
- College buildings -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- College sports 1
- College students 1
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- East Lansing (Mich.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 1
- Greenhouses 1
- Military art and science 1
- Outdoor sculpture 1
- Quonset huts 1
- Student activities -- Michigan 1
- Student protesters -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1 ∧ less
- Michigan Agricultural College 3
- Michigan State University. Buildings 3
- Ahl, A. S. (Alwynelle Self) 1
- Carpenter, Rolla C. (Rolla Clinton), 1852-1919 1
- Hill, Fidelis Fuester 1
- Kresge Art Center 1
- Michigan Agricultural College. Buildings 1
- Michigan Agricultural College. Students 1
- Michigan State College. Marching Band 1
- Michigan State College. Students 1
- Michigan State Spartans (Football team) 1
- Michigan State University 1
- Michigan State University. Abrams Planetarium 1
- Michigan State University. Alumni and alumnae 1
- Michigan State University. Beaumont Tower 1
- Michigan State University. Buildings. Spartan Stadium 1
- Michigan State University. Class of 1906 1
- Michigan State University. Class of 1930 1
- Michigan State University. Department of Military Science/ROTC 1
- Michigan State University. Department of Police and Public Safety 1
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 1
- Taisch, Nathan 1
- Tau Beta Pi. Alpha Chapter (Michigan State University) 1
- United States. Army. Reserve Officers' Training Corps 1
- W.J. Beal Botanical Garden 1 ∧ less