Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Contents This collection contains Charles Spurway’s thesis on August Wilhelm von Hofmann which was written as an initiation requirement for Alpha Chi Sigma, a national chemistry fraternity. The thesis relates von Hofmann’s life as well as his contributions to chemistry. Von Hofmann’s research pertained mostly to organic chemistry; he enjoyed working with the bases in coal and the gas naphtha. A detailed bibliography is given at the end of the thesis.
Dates: 1930 - 1930
Scope and Contents The papers of Emil Volz consist of a scrapbook containing postcards and photographs depicting student life, students, campus scenes, scenes from Pine Lake (Lake Lansing), Michigan, faculty, and athletic events at Michigan Agricultural College. It also contains programs from various campus social functions, numerous dance cards, menus, ribbons, and many items relating to football at Michigan Agricultural College.
Dates: 1910 - 1914
Scope and Contents The papers of Irving "Happy" Kirshman consist of a scrapbook (1905-1914), programs from Michigan Agricultural College events (1912-1913), and miscellaneous memorabilia (1909-1911). The scrapbook contains a variety of items pertaining to farming activities and to student life at Michigan Agricultural College, including athletic schedules, post cards, photographs, programs, invitations, certificates, menus, greeting cards, posters, report cards, news clippings, college songs and tickets. The...
Dates: 1905 - 1914
Scope and Contents The collection consists of photographs and postcards. The photographs are of the 1913 winter term Union Literary Society party and an image of three women holding decorations for a party possibly in association with the Sororian Literary Society. The postcards consist of Michigan State University buildings including the Poultry Plant, Armory, Wells Hall #2 decorated with banners and an unlit bonfire in the front, Women's Building, an aerial view of campus, and a drawing of the...
Dates: 1909 - 1913; Majority of material found within 1909 - 1910
Scope and Contents The collection consists of an Michigan Agricultural College War Records information sheet produced by the M.A.C Association (currently called the Alumni Association) and circulated in the October 19, 1917 edition of the "M.A.C. Record." The sheet has spaces in which Kellogg filled in biographical information, parents' names, branch of service, date of enlistment, and promotions.
Dates: 1917 - 1917
Scope and Contents The papers of Ruth Rutherford consist of memorabilia from Michigan Agricultural College, including receipts, report cards, and programs (1911-1914), and a scrapbook containing letters, greeting cards, programs from campus activities, postcards, and photographs of friends, picnics, and student life (1910-1914).
Dates: 1910 - 1914
- Names: Michigan State University. Class of 1914 X
- Photographs 3
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 2
- Postcards 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Agriculture -- Michigan 1
- College buildings -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- College students 1
- East Side Park (Lansing, Mich.) 1
- Ephemera 1
- The Holcad (East Lansing, Mich.) 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1 ∧ less
- Alpha Zeta. Kedzie Chapter (Michigan State University) 2
- Michigan Agricultural College 2
- Michigan State University. Alumni Association 2
- Beta Kappa Fraternity. Alpha Phi Chapter (Michigan State College) 1
- Hofmann, August Wilhelm von, 1818-1892 1
- Kuhn, Madison, 1910-1985 1
- M.A.C. Association 1
- Michigan Agricultural College. Phylean Literary Society 1
- Michigan Agricultural College. Union Literary Society 1
- Michigan State University 1
- Michigan State University. Farmers' Club 1
- Michigan State University. Panhellenic Council 1
- Omicron Nu. Alpha Chapter (Michigan State University) 1
- Reed, Luther James 1
- Rutherford, Ruth Irene 1
- Sigma Nu. Epsilon Rho Chapter (Michigan State University) 1
- Young Women's Christian Association 1 ∧ less