College campuses -- Michigan -- East Lansing
Found in 60 Collections and/or Records:
The Alfred P. Cannon collection contains two photos taken by Cannon of the Beal Pinetum and the Michigan State University forestry cabin. Cannon was a forestry student at the Ohio State University and took the photos during a visit to Michigan State.
The collection consists of photos mounted on mattes, scrapbook of photos, and loose photos taken by Arthur Clendenin, Jr. The images include photos of Michigan State College (now Michigan State University) campus buildings, a few photos of athletics, exterior of Rose Bowl stadium in 1954, homecoming court contest in 1953, homecoming queen Ardeth Raymond, Kappa Alpha Mu (photojournalism honorary society) events, and the Michigan Press Photographers conference.
The Campus Archaeology Collection consists of one booklet title "MSU Campus Archeology Program, Summer 2015." The booklet contains photos and brief descriptions of the summer 2015 session for Michigan State University's Campus Archaeology Program. Of particular note are the photos of remains from a privy dating to the 1850s and 1860s, as well as remains from the Gunson faculty house, which was renovated in 1924. The booklet was created by Shutterfly.
The collection consists of seven issues of Campus Capsules. The newsletter gives information about the activities of each class, campus events such as the finishing of the carillon, WKAR-TV’s first telecast, the 1954 Rose Bowl, and the name change from Michigan State College to Michigan State University of Agriculture and Applied Science. The issues also include information about the athletic teams.