Bartlett Augustus Nevins papers
Scope and Contents
Papers of Bartlett A. Nevins consist of an autograph book (1875) signed by faculty members, Nevin's classmates, and members of his fraternity, Delta Tau Delta, a Michigan Agricultural College commencement program from 1878, and a short biography of Nevins by his daughter.
- 1875, 1878
- Nevins, Bartlett Augustus (Person)
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Bartlett Nevins earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Michigan Agricultural College. After graduation he moved to Otsego, Michigan, were he worked successively as a school principal, a manufacturer, and a postmaster. He married Helen Long, daughter of a pioneer family from Pennsylvania. Nevins, a Republican, served as a state representative from Allegan County for two terms (1899-1900, 1901-1902), and in a number of elective offices in Allegan County.
0.1 Cubic Feet (, 1 folder)
Language of Materials
Gift of Mrs. Josephine Nevins Keal.
Copyright: Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred.
Property Rights: Michigan State University
For a biographical sketch, see MICHIGAN MANUAL, 1901. p.642.
- Delta Tau Delta Fraternity. Iota Chapter (Michigan State University)
- Michigan State University -- General subdivision--Alumni; Chronological subdivision--1875.;
- Michigan State University. Class of 1900
- Nevins, Bartlett Augustus
- Bartlett Augustus Nevins Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.