John B. Ranger papers
Scope and Contents
The John B. Ranger scrapbook contains tickets, photographs, receipts, news clippings, and programs relating to the J-Hop, various literary society activities, athletic events, and campus life. Items in the scrapbook date from 1917 to 1921.
- 1917 - 1921
- Ranger, John B. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
John B. "Spike" Ranger, of Butternut, Michigan, earned his B.S. degree in agriculture from Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) in 1921. While at M.A.C., Ranger was a member of the Officer's Club, the Scabbard and Blade (a military science honorary), and the Eunomian Literary Society (Sigma Nu Fraternity). Ranger was a Lieutenant Colonel in the M.A.C. Reserve Officer's Training Corps, and he participated in Class Basketball (1918-1919, 1921), Class Football (1920), and the Football Reserves (1920). He later became the Superintendent of Schools in Hartford, Michigan.
0.1 Cubic Feet (, 1 Volume)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- College campuses -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College sports -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Michigan Agricultural College. Eunomian Literary Society
- Michigan Agricultural College. Officers' Club
- Michigan State University. Class of 1921
- Scabbard and Blade Fraternity. Michigan State University
- Sigma Nu. Epsilon Rho Chapter (Michigan State University)
- John B. Ranger Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- D. Sadler
- July 1980
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.