Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs and Services records
Scope and Contents
The records of the Vice President for Student Affairs include materials related to students and student life on campus including policies and procedures and statistical information about students. Materials include brochures about graduate assistantships, a 1967 handbook for student leaders, a memo on x-rated/pornographic movies shown on campus, and proposal for a married student center. Other records include a study from the social affairs committee on social policies and procedures from 1966, study of participation in student organizations from 1947, policy for student organization on distribution of literature, a study of non returning students in 1982, a profile of students from 1987, and Student Personnel Administration newsletters.
The collection also includes published and unpublished annual reports and serials.
Electronic Resources include correspondence in the form of e-mail memos and attachments.
- 1945 - 2016
- Michigan State University. Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs and Services (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Prior to 1944, there were two separate offices related to students: an office for the Dean of Women and a separate office for the Dean of Men. In 1944, the Dean of Students Office was created to manage services for all students. In 1964, the name of the office changed from the Dean of Students to the Vice President for Student Affairs.
0.7 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- College student government -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Electronic mail messages
- Greek letter societies -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Married students
- Michigan State College -- Students
- Michigan State University -- Students
- Michigan State University. Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs and Services
- Video tapes
- Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs and Services Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- S. Roberts
- December 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.