Division of University Services records
Scope and Contents
The records of University Services consist primarily of investigation into trends affecting the University. Included in this collection are reports on employment trends, staff salary, enrollment, student, staff, and alumni opinions, course loads, and grade distribution. Of special interest are reports, correspondence, monographs, and speeches relating to the question, raised in the 1950s and 1960s, of whether ROTC service on university campuses should be mandatory or remain voluntary. Also records for Aerospace Education (Air Force ROTC), which was under University Services during this time, and are included here.
The collection also includes annual reports, published for 1951-1957 and unpublished for 1950-1967.
- 1928 - 1968
- Michigan State University. University Services (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The University Services Division was called the All College Division from 1949 to 1956. University Services Division ceased to exist in 1967.
6 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Aeronautics, Military -- Study and teaching
- Annual reports
- Michigan State University. Department of Military Science/ROTC
- Military education -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- United States. Air Force ROTC
- United States. Army. Reserve Officers' Training Corps
- Universities and colleges -- Administration
- Division of University Services Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.