Elmer Forrest Hock papers
Scope and Contents
The Elmer "Tubby" Hock papers consist of a scrapbook, songs (1911), poems (undated), and a copy of regulations for the Women's Building (1907). His scrapbook contains programs, invitations, announcements, photographs, postcards, athletic schedules, college songs, posters, tickets, and newspaper clippings relating to student life at Michigan Agricultural College. The photographs folder contains images of people in costume from the 1909 and 1910 M.A.C. carnival, a group image of the M.A.C. faculty in 1909, Linton Hall labeled as the Old Library, postcards of class rush posters from 1910 and 1914, Chester Brewer with his dog and Monty the Bear, 1909 relay team, a group image of shop class from 1908 spring term and informal shots of students.
- 1907 - 1913
- Hock, Elmer Forrest (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Elmer Forrest "Tubby" Hock, of Detroit, Michigan, earned a B.S. in Horticulture from Michigan Agricultural College in 1913, after six years of study. While at M.A.C., he was a member and president of the Dramatic Club, a member and president (1911-1912) of the Columbian Literary Society (Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity), a member of the Horticulture Club, and Quartermaster of the 3rd Battalion, M.A.C. Cadet Corps. He later earned a Master's Degree from the University of Detroit, and became an Assistant Principal at Garfield Intermediate School in Detroit.
0.5 Cubic Feet (, 1 volume, 3 folders)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University
Property Rights: Michigan State University
- Michigan Agricultural College. Columbian Literary Society
- Michigan State University. Cadet Corps. Third Battalion -- Chronological subdivision--1907-1913;
- Michigan State University. Class of 1913
- Michigan State University. Dramatic Club -- Chronological subdivision--1907-1913;
- Michigan State University. Horticulture Club -- Chronological subdivision--1907-1913;
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon. Michigan Gamma Chapter (Michigan State University)
- Elmer Forrest Hock Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- D. Sadler
- August 1980
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description