College Christian Union (YMCA) records
Scope and Contents
The records of the College Christian Union (1871-1883) contain one bound volume with the constitution and bylaws of the organization, the names of its members, the minutes of the general meetings, executive meetings, and committee meetings. There is also a brief prelude which outlines how the group initially began. The YMCA volume contains information about the group and its social activities from 1901-1907, and has names of members, the minutes of meetings, and some news clippings pertaining to the group.
Also included is a 1920 advertisement for the Michigan Agricultural College YMCA chapter listing its services as well as a lecture. The advertisement is on an ink blotter.
- 1871 - 1920
- Majority of material found within 1871 - 1907
- Michigan Agricultural College. College Christian Union (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The College Christian Union was a group for Christian men and women on the Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) campus. Dedicated to ministry in the area, the College Christian Union held prayer meetings, sponsored a Sunday school, organized a Christian library, and sponsored lectures for its members and the public. The group also organized recreational events such as maple sugar socials. The group adopted the YMCA constitution on October 9, 1881.
0.25 Cubic Feet (, 2 volumes, 1 folder)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College students -- Religious life
- College students -- Societies and clubs
- Membership lists
- Michigan Agricultural College. College Christian Union
- Michigan Agricultural College. Students. Societies, etc
- Minutes (administrative records)
- YMCA of the USA -- Geographic subdivision--Michigan;
- Young Men's Christian associations
- College Christian Union (YMCA) Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- M. Louzon
- September 2006
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.