West Shaw Informant newsletter
Scope and Contents
The collection contains five issues of the West Shaw Informant for 1955-1956. The issues include an introduction to the hall itself, dress rules of the cafeteria, and reminders of quiet hours and phone usage. There is also information and statistics on intramural sports, which vary from football to bowling to ping pong. Also included are updates about General Council meetings, campus events, movie theater listings and activities with the women of their sister dorm, Mason Hall.
- 1955 - 1956
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The West Shaw Informant was a bimonthly newsletter, begun in 1955, for the all-male dormitory. It served as the medium through which hall government and management communicated with the residents.
0.1 Cubic Feet (, 1 folder)
Language of Materials
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- College student newspapers and periodicals -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing -- Periodicals
- Dormitory life -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Intramural sports -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Michigan State University -- Student housing
- Michigan State University -- Students
- Michigan State University -- Students -- Periodicals
- West Shaw Informant Newsletter
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- J. Chen
- March 2008
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.