Delta Sigma Phi records
Scope and Content
The records of the Alpha Pi Chapter of Delta Sigma Phi consist of two pamphlets: The Auroriannual published by the Aurorian Literary Society, 1921-1922, and The Torch published by Alpha Pi Chapter of Delta Sigma Phi, June 1927.
The Auroriannual describes the achievements for the year and aims for the future. It also provides officers' names, a list of members including their home towns, majors and activities (by class), annual meeting minutes, and a directory of active members and alumni.
The Torch (Vol. 5, No. 1) provides plans for the year, a directory of members, notes on alumni, a financial report and several articles about the activities of the fraternity and its members.
- 1921 - 1927
- Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity. Alpha Pi Chapter (Michigan State University) (Organization)
- Michigan Agricultural College. Aurorian Literary Society (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The roots of the Delta Sigma Phi fraternity at Michigan State University reach back to 1905 with the establishment of the Aurorian Literary Society, a local collegiate society at Michigan Agricultural College. In 1922, the Aurorians applied to Delta Sigma Phi, a national fraternity, for a local chapter. The Alpha Pi Chapter of the Delta Sigma Phi was formally established at the Michigan Agricultural College in 1923. When organized, the purpose of the literary society was to extend “the opportunity for literacy training and social privileges to more of the students...” while the goal of the fraternity has evolved to providing “service to the community and the school.”
0.1 Cubic Feet (, 2 folders)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College students -- Societies and clubs
- Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity. Alpha Pi Chapter (Michigan State University)
- Greek letter societies -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Michigan Agricultural College. Aurorian Literary Society
- Michigan Agricultural College. Students. Societies, etc
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae
- Delta Sigma Phi Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- D. Johnson
- December 2006
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US