Lifelong Education-Community Services Programs records
This collection consists of news releases and travel/study programs. The releases notify the print and electronic media of Lifelong Education programs, both credit and non-credit, and its various continuing education services such as conferences, programs and workshops. The materials are arranged chronologically.
- 1964 - 1996
- Michigan State University. Community Development Programs (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The position of Continuing Education editor was created in 1953 following the opening of the Kellogg Center (1951), as part of the Department of Information Services. During the restructuring of Information Services in 1956, the position became a separate unit within Information Services. On July 1, 1981, the unit was merged into Lifelong Education-Community Services Programs and its administrative reporting line was shifted to Lifelong Education. The Unit heads were Broderick Johnston (1951-1954), Herb Auer (1954-1959), James C. Totten, (1959-1970), and Richard Hansen, (1970-?).
3 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Lifelong Education-Community Services Programs Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- R. Harms
- April 1982
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US