Michigan State University Bicentennial Coordinating Committee records
Scope and Contents
Records of the Michigan State University Bicentennial Coordinating Committee include correspondence, grant proposals, lectures, news releases, and miscellaneous papers pertaining to University's involvement with celebrating the Bicentennial of the United States. There are also records detailing the activities of the State of Michigan Bicentennial Commission. Topics covered in depth include information on the "Perspectives on the Land" television series, the Michigan Folk Art Project, and grant applications to the Michigan Council for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts.
Note that in the series "MSU Bicentennial Coordinating Committee - Meetings," the files marked "notes and memos" contain the minutes of the committee's meetings.
- 1973 - 1978
- Michigan State University. U.S. Bicentennial Coordinating Committee (Organization)
- Wharton, Dolores D. (Person)
- Wharton, Clifton R., 1926- (Person)
- Michigan Council for the Humanities (Organization)
- Michigan State University. Museum (Organization)
- Perrin, Robert (Person)
- Baker, Rollin H. (Rollin Harold), 1916-2007 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
In October 1975, Michigan State University was designated the official Bicentennial University by the American Revolution Bicentennial Administration for the State of Michigan. The University Bicentennial Coordinating Committee was formed in October 1974 to decide on projects the University would sponsor and to assist in the production of those projects.
2 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- American Revolution Bicentennial, 1976 -- Michigan
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Folk art -- Michigan
- Letters (correspondence)
- Michigan Council for the Arts -- Chronological subdivision--1973-1978.;
- Michigan Folk Art Project -- Chronological subdivision--1973-1978.;
- Michigan State University
- Michigan State University. Alumni and alumnae
- Michigan. American Revolution Bicentennial Commission
- National Endowment for the Arts -- Chronological subdivision--1975-1977.;
- Pewabic Pottery (Firm)
- Press releases
- Society of the Sigma Xi. Michigan State University Chapter
- Television programs
- United States
- Michigan State University (U.S.) Bicentennial Coordinating Committee Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- W. Miller
- February, 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.