Office of Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies records
Scope and Contents
This collection contains records of the Office of the Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies, and its predecessor unit, the Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies. Records include analyses, reports, handbooks, flyers, and memoranda pertaining to graduate schools, budgets, and research at Michigan State University.
Annual Reports for 1959-1974 and 1984 are also included in the collection.
The Electronic Resources include correspondence in the form of e-mail memos and attachments.
- 1961 - 2016
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The Office of the Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies has reported directly to the University President since its inception in 1976. The unit was preceded by the Office of the Vice President for Research Development (1959-1976). The Office administers a variety of units including the Michigan State University Press, the Environmental Quality Center, and Admissions and Scholarships. In January 2019 the name changed to the Office of the Senior Vice President for Research and Innovation.
1 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Preservica Internal URL
Preservica Public URL
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Annual reports
- Computer systems -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Electronic mail messages
- Michigan State University -- Graduate work
- Michigan State University. High Performance Computing Center
- Michigan State University. Institute for Cyber-Enabled Research
- Michigan State University. Research
- Michigan State University. Research and Patent Committee
- Michigan State University. Office of Research and Graduate Studies (Donor, Organization)
- Office of the Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies Records
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US