W. Paul Strassmann papers
Scope and Contents
The W. Paul Strassmann papers consist of a Monterrey (Mexico) Project proposal, a proposal for a Center for Research on Development and International Economics, a James Madison College curriculum proposal for socio-economic welfare policy, a proposal for an Institute of International Business Management Studies, College of Social Science roles of advisory committee members on promotions and leaves, MSU officers of faculty government, reports on the transfer of technology to developing countries, a report on the university and its objectives of international education and the report “The University in Functional Social Systems: Role of the University” by Robert Solo. There is also material that documents Strassmann’s professional activities.
- 1962 - 1969
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
W. Paul Strassmann was born in 1926 in Berlin, Germany. He earned his B.A. from the University of Texas in 1949, his M.A. from Columbia University in 1950, and his Ph.D. from the University of Maryland in 1956.
Strassmann joined the faculty at Michigan State University in 1956 as an instructor of economics. Strassman was promoted to assistant professor (1957), associate professor (1959) and professor (1963). He retired in 1987.
1 Cubic Feet (25 folders)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Course materials
- Economics -- Study and teaching
- James Madison College
- Letters (correspondence)
- Michigan State University. Department of Agricultural Economics
- Michigan State University. Department of Economics
- Michigan State University. Faculty
- Minutes (administrative records)
- Strassmann, W. Paul (Wolfgang Paul), 1926-
- Technology transfer -- Developing countries
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty
- W. Paul Strassmann Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- K. Grimm
- June 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.