Skip to main content

Campus Archaeology Program records

 Record Group
Identifier: UA-16.13.1

Scope and Content

The Campus Archaeology Collection consists of one booklet title "MSU Campus Archeology Program, Summer 2015." The booklet contains photos and brief descriptions of the summer 2015 session for Michigan State University's Campus Archaeology Program. Of particular note are the photos of remains from a privy dating to the 1850s and 1860s, as well as remains from the Gunson faculty house, which was renovated in 1924. The booklet was created by Shutterfly.

Dates

  • 2015 - 2015

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.

Historical Note

The Campus Archaeology Program was created by Michigan State University professor Lynne Goldstein in 2005. The program offers year-round training to both undergraduate and graduate students in conducting archaeological research using sites on the MSU Campus. The program hires interns who conduct lab work, excavations, and research, and also create blog posts for the program every month. The Campus Archaeological Program also offers a summer field school in which students can participate in archaeological field work.

Source- MSU Campus Archaeological Program website

Extent

0.1 Cubic Feet

Language of Materials

English

Legal Status

Copyright: Michigan State University.

Property Rights: Michigan State University.

Title
Campus Archaeology Program records
Status
3 Ready For Cataloging
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the Michigan State University Archives and Historical Collections Repository

Contact:
Conrad Hall
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US
517-355-2330