Department of Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures records
Scope and Content
This collection contains the poetry newsletter “Centering.” There are also a department procedure report, report on student writing, honors course syllabi, and history of the department. Also included are the proceedings for the symposium “Half Century Ago: Michigan in the Great Depression.”
- 1945 - 1990
- Majority of material found within 1964 - 1990
- Michigan State University. Department of Written and Spoken English (Organization)
- Michigan State University. School of Labor and Industrial Relations (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
In 1952 the Department of Communications Skills was created in the Basic College. In 1961 the name of the department changed to American Thought and Language. In 2003 it became Writing, Rhetoric and American Cultures.
0.25 Cubic Feet (, 9 folders)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University
Property Rights: Michigan State University
- Michigan State University. School of Labor and Industrial Relations (Donor, Organization)
- Department of Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures Records
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- M. Louzon
- January 2009
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US