Lenore Nixon Johnson collection
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of photographs and postcards. The photographs are of the 1913 winter term Union Literary Society party and an image of three women holding decorations for a party possibly in association with the Sororian Literary Society.
The postcards consist of Michigan State University buildings including the Poultry Plant, Armory, Wells Hall #2 decorated with banners and an unlit bonfire in the front, Women's Building, an aerial view of campus, and a drawing of the willows in winter. In addition, there is a postcard of a drawing of East Side Park in Lansing. Some of the postcards contain correspondence which give information about her college life.
- 1909 - 1913
- Majority of material found within 1909 - 1910
- Johnson, Lenore Nixon (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Lenore Nixon Johnson graduated from Michigan Agricultural College in 1914. She was from Bellaire, Michigan. She majored in Home Economics and was a member of the Sororian Literary Society, Omicron Nu (home economics sorority), MAC choir, and was President of the Girls Glee Club in 1913. She married R. C. Johnson.
0.1 Cubic Feet (, 2 folders)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- College buildings -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- East Side Park (Lansing, Mich.)
- Michigan Agricultural College. Union Literary Society -- Form subdivision--photograph.;
- Michigan State University -- General subdivision--Women's Building.;
- Michigan State University. Class of 1914
- Lenore Nixon Johnson Collection
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- S. Roberts
- December 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US