John M. Gram papers
Scope and Contents
The John M. Gram papers contain one copy of the typescript, “Historical Development of the Grand River Road, East Lansing, Michigan.” Grand River Road was originally formed from Indian trails. The first roads were made in the corduroy fashion; commonly built by beds of branches covered with soil. The next roads were plank roads; with the Howell Plank Road Company constructing the plank road to the Capitol in 1850-1853. After the failure of plank roads, gravel was placed down as a road in 1870. In 1910, Grand River became part of a truck line and therefore was constructed from concrete.
- Gram, John M. (Donor, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
0.1 Cubic Feet (, 1 folder)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- John M. Gram Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- K. Geske
- February 2006
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US