College of Veterinary Medicine records
Scope and Contents
The records of the College of Veterinary Medicine consist of materials related to academic programs, publications, and annual reports. The College Administrative Documents series includes information related to budgets, accreditation, faculty interests, mission statements, and Dean's reports. Note that the two of the ledgers date from 1900 and earlier. Record books of cases are also included. Audio/visual materials include a class of 1960 photograph, a slide of a oath ceremony, and several 16mm films. Electronic Resources includes a "Zombie Apocalypse" video, that was used as part of a college organized team building and leadership program in 2013.
- 1853 - 2013
- Michigan State University. College of Veterinary Medicine (Organization)
- Turner, Scott (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The first course in veterinary medicine was taught at Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) in 1884, although the Veterinary Division was not officially authorized until 1909. In 1910, the Division became the Veterinary Science/Veterinary Medicine Division, and from 1944 to 1955, it was the School of Veterinary Medicine. It became the Veterinary Medicine College in 1956, the same year in which its administrative responsibility was shifted from the President to the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs.
2 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Preservica Public URL
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Annual reports
- College campuses -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Electronic mail messages
- Ledgers (account books)
- Michigan State University. Board of Trustees
- Michigan State University. College of Veterinary Medicine
- Nonfiction films
- Slides (photographs)
- Veterinary medicine
- Veterinary medicine -- Study and teaching
- Veterinary medicine -- Vocational guidance
- Michigan State University. Department of Information Services (Donor, Organization)
- State Archives of Michigan (Donor, Organization)
- Combs, William H. (Donor, Person)
- Kuhn, Madison, 1910-1985 (Donor, Person)
- College of Veterinary Medicine Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.