Alliance of Queer and Ally Students records
Scope and Content
The Alliance of Queer and Ally Students records consists of announcements, correspondence, flyers, and minutes of the organization. There are also newsletters, event flyers, and material relating to Lansing and East Lansing, Michigan, Midwestern and National LBGTA groups and women's groups. Electronic resources include meeting minutes, agendas and other student group-related text documents.
- 1963 - 2014
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The Alliance of Queer and Ally Students originated in 1970 as the Michigan State University Gay Liberation Movement, a registered student organization. Its objective was to provide lesbian and gay students with representation in student government, educate the public on issues of sexual orientation, and to counter discrimination and harassment.
In 1977, the name of the group changed to the MSU Gay Liberation Council. Subsequently, it was renamed the MSU Lesbian/Gay Council, then the Alliance of Lesbian-Bi-Gay Students (ALBGS). In 2005, the student organization was renamed the Alliance of Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay, Transgendered and Straight Ally Students. In 2010, the name changed to Alliance of Queer and Ally Students.
4.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged by format, then alphabetically.
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- AIDS (Disease)
- AIDS (Disease) -- Prevention
- Bisexual college students
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Conference materials
- East Lansing (Mich.)
- Gay college students
- Gay college students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Gay men -- Political activity
- Gay rights
- Lansing (Mich.)
- Lesbian college students
- Lesbian college students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Lesbian students
- Letters (correspondence)
- Michigan State University. Gay and Lesbian Faculty-Staff Association (GLFSA)
- Minutes (Records)
- Sexual orientation
- Transgender college students
- Video recordings
- Alliance of Queer and Ally Students Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- K. Grimm
- May 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.