Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay, and Transgender Resource Center records
Scope and Contents
The records of the LBGT Resource Center consist of background materials and final reports for the University-Wide Task Force for Lesbian and Gay Issues. Other materials include Michigan State University Gay and Lesbian Faculty Staff Association materials, faculty development seminar packets, and curriculum material from MSU and other institutions.
Recently added to the collection are more brochures and flyers, materials from bulletin boards, Pride Week materials, other final reports for the University-Wide Task Force for Lesbian and Gay Issues, and materials from the Lesbian/Bi/Gay Seminars held. Also included is the contents from the Time Capsule that was opened in 1999.
- 1980 - 2008
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay, and Transgender Resource Center started around 2005. It was originally called the Office of LBGT Concerns and changed to LBGT Resource Center in 2006. On July 1, 2021, the LBGT Resource Center's name was changed to The Gender and Sexuality Campus Center.
6 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was transferred from MSU Libraries Special Collections (call number MSS 310). The original order of the materials has been maintained. No materials were removed from the collection, therefore there may be duplicate materials.
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Conference materials
- Course materials
- Domestic partner benefits
- Gay college students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Gay men -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Gay rights
- Lesbian college students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Lesbians -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Letters (correspondence)
- Michigan State University. Anti-Discrimination Judicial Board
- Michigan State University. Gay and Lesbian Faculty-Staff Association (GLFSA)
- Michigan State University. University-Wide Task Force on Lesbian & Gay Issues
- Minutes (administrative records)
- Outlines and syllabi
- Sexual minorities in higher education
- Sexual minority college students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Sound recordings
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty
- Video recordings
- Michigan State University. Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay and Transgender Resource Center (Donor, Organization)
- Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay, and Transgender Resource Center Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- S. Roberts
- March 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US