Office of Institutional Research records
Scope and Contents
The records of the Office of Institutional Research include a variety of reports, studies, summaries and statistics pertaining to various aspects of student and faculty composition and life, courses offered, graduate work, finances, alumni, teaching methods, the athletic program, grading, language study, and individual departments.
- 1958 - 1980
- Michigan State University. Office of Institutional Research (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
During its operation (1959-1981) the Office of Institutional Research (OIR) reported to the Provost. From 1968 to 1976, the Director of Institutional Research also held the title of Assistant Provost. In 1981, the OIR and the Budget Office were merged to form the Planning and Budget Office. Administrative responsibility of academic personnel records previously maintained by the OIR was transferred to the Provost's Office.
4 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Annual reports
- College students -- Employment
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College teaching -- Research
- Michigan State University -- Alumni and alumnae
- Michigan State University -- Curricula
- Michigan State University -- Faculty
- Michigan State University -- Faculty -- Salaries, etc.
- Michigan State University -- Finance
- Michigan State University -- Students
- Minorities -- Employment
- School enrollment
- Universities and colleges -- Michigan -- East Lansing -- Faculty
- Women -- Employment
- Michigan State University. Office of Institutional Research (Donor, Organization)
- Office of Institutional Research Records
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US