Walter Alfred Newton papers
Scope and Contents
Papers of Walter Newton consist of one scrapbook, containing programs, tickets, greeting cards, postcards, party invitations, photographs, and news clippings describing activities of the Phi Delta Society, athletic events, and campus life. Also included is Michigan Agricultural College memorabilia, as well as handouts from a surveying class, and a 1911 Commencement program.
- 1909 - 1928
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Walter Alfred Newton of Kalamazoo, Michigan, received his B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) in 1911. He was a member of the Phi Delta Society & the Engineering Society while at M.A.C.
0.25 Cubic Feet (, 1 volume)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Michigan Agricultural College
- Michigan State University. Class of 1911
- Phi Delta Theta Fraternity. Michigan Beta Chapter (Michigan State University)
- Programs (Publications)
- Surveying -- Study and teaching
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae
- Michigan State University. Libraries. Special Collections Division (Donor, Organization)
- Walter Alfred Newton Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- D. Sadler
- July 1980
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.