Office of the President records
Scope and Content
This collection contains records from the Office of the President and includes commencement addresses, speeches, reports, photographs and other materials. The Subject Files are general files containing topics of interest to and involvement with the Office from the late 1980s through the 1990s. These files span several presidencies.
- 1876 - 2008
- Majority of material found within 1972 - 2016
- McPherson, M. Peter (Person)
- DiBiaggio, John A., 1932- (Person)
- Davis, Marylee (Person)
- Mackey, Maurice Cecil, Jr., 1929-2018 (Person)
- Michigan State University. Office of the President (Donor, Organization)
- Michigan State University. Student Alumni Foundation (Organization)
- Michigan State University. Alumni Association (Organization)
- Williams, Marcellette (Person)
- Michigan State University. Athletic Council (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research, however, certain files dealing with personal or sensitive are not open for general use.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The Office of the President was established in 1857 with the appointment of Joseph Williams as the first President of Michigan Agricultural College. This office administers the office and holds records that span individual presidencies.
5.75 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Annual reports
- Mackey, Maurice Cecil, Jr., 1929-2018
- Michigan State University. Office of the President
- National Collegiate Athletic Association
- Simon, Lou Anna Kimsey
- Sound recordings
- Universities and colleges -- Administration
- Video tapes
- WXYZ-TV (Television station : Southfield, Mich.)
- Office of the President Records
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- July 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description