Skip to main content

University Club records

 Record Group
Identifier: UA-18.1

Scope and Contents

The University Club records consist of newsletters, membership materials, State College Club materials, information on the new building, and a history of the club.


  • Creation: 1950-2011, 2017, 2019


Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.

Historical Note

The Michigan State Men's Faculty Club was organized in 1929 and had meeting rooms in the Union building. The name was later changed to the State College Club. In 1966, the name changed to the MSU Faculty Club and accepted women as members. In 1970, the building that currently houses the club opened. In the early 1970s, the name changed to the University Club.


0.25 Cubic Feet

Language of Materials


Legal Status

Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.

University Club Records
4 Published And Cataloged
S. Roberts
November 2007
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Script of description
Language of description note
Finding aid written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository

Conrad Hall
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US