University Housing and Food Services records
Scope and Contents
This collection contains informational and promotional materials for various University Housing and Food Service programs and facilities. The facilities include MSU Bakers, Kellogg Center, Forest Akers Golf Course, and Brook Lodge. Also in the collection is the Association of College and University Housing Officers (ACUHO) newsletter which was edited at MSU and photos from Brody Dining Hall showing the various events held from the 1980s to 2000s. There are also invitations for Charles Gagliano's retirement reception and Vennie Gore's welcome reception.
The Electronic Resources include correspondence in the form of e-mail memos and attachments.
- 1952 - 2015
- Michigan State University. Residential and Hospitality Services (Organization)
- Michigan State University. Division of Housing & Food Services (Donor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
University Housing and Food Services is the division of Michigan State University that is responsible for the residence halls, the Union, the Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center, and also auxiliary and catering services associated with the Breslin Center and other on-campus locations.
In 2012, the title Assistant Vice President for Residential and Hospitality Services was changed to Vice President for Auxilliary Enterprises.
4.25 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Transferred by Housing and Food Services.
Copyright: Michigan State University. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Annual reports
- Charitable uses, trusts and foundations -- Michigan
- Dormitories -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Entertainment events -- Michigan
- Faculty housing
- Food service management
- Michigan State University. Buildings. Brody Hall
- Michigan State University. Cherry Lane Apartments
- Michigan State University. Division of Housing & Food Services
- Michigan State University. Faculty housing
- Serial publications
- Student housing
- University Housing and Food Services Records
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.