Fred I. Chase papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of personal papers, documents, pamphlets, and books of Fred I. Chase. The material in this collection pertains to the Constitutional Convention of 1961-1962 (Con Con). While the bulk of the collection concerns the workings of Con Con, there are some materials that pertain to various reunions of Con Con participants.
Also included in the collection are a number of photographs of the Convention delegates.
- 1960 - 1981
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Fred I. Chase was Secretary to the Senate of the state of Michigan. He resigned that post to become Secretary to the Constitutional Convention of 1961-1962.
0.66 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Materials were donated by Fred I. Chase.
Copyright: Michigan State University Property Rights: Michigan State University
- Constitutional conventions -- Rules and practice
- Constitutions -- Michigan
- Lowe, James B., 1879-1963
- Michigan State University
- Michigan. Constitutional Convention (1961-1962)
- Pealy, Robert H.
- Pollock, James K. (James Kerr), 1898-1968
- Population -- Statistics
- Sturm, Albert L. (Albert Lee), 1911-1988
- Tax planning -- Michigan
- University of Michigan
- Fred I. Chase Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.