Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Identifier: MSS 40 large
Scope and Contents The collection is comprised of the personal papers of Dr. Alan Grimes relating to the creation of the Lantern Hill subdivision and the building of Grimes' house. The papers include the organizational materials of Home Sites Inc., bylaws, articles of incorporation, certificate of membership, and protective covenants. Also included are documents related to the construction of Grimes' home, such as correspondence, contracts and lists of work, mortgage documents, receipts for minor work done on the...
Scope and Contents This collection consists of the papers of Michigan State University Professor Alan P. Grimes. “Remembering Lantern Hill, 1950-1952,” is about the early history and development of the Lantern Hill Housing subdivision. The essay describes how the MSU faculty involved developed the idea of a cooperative, the steps taken to purchase the land and design the houses, and some of the setbacks encountered along the way. The Lantern Hill subdivision, originally a part of Meridian Township (Sec 7, T4N,...
Dates: 1950 - 1999; Majority of material found within 1950 - 1952
Content The Dorothy Shemick Collection contains negatives of student life. Included are student events, campus, and people. The images of campus and building include Macklin Field, Co-Op Houses - Beal house and Kedrick Housea and construction photos of President Hannah's house. Other images include action shots of football, hockey, and diving, water carnival, parties, teas, Sailing club, Yakeley girls group photos, Yakeley officer photos, and a Horticulture Show, President Hannah;s senior reception,...
Dates: 1948 - 1950
Scope and Contents The records of Elsworth House consist of the publication "The Story of Elsworth House, 1940-65" by George Motts. Also included is a draft copy of "The Story of Elsworth House, 1940-65" with penciled corrections.
Dates: 1965, undated
Scope and Content The Howland House collection contains reunion materials and photograph boards. The reunion materials consist of photocopies of information sheets from former members in which the members describe their lives since they left Howland House, with some containing images of themselves. These information sheets appear to be from the 1992 reunion. There is also an update from 2010 which includes copies of interior and exterior photographs of Howland House in 2010. The collection also includes...
Dates: 1948, 1992, 2010
- Subject: Housing, Cooperative -- Michigan -- East Lansing X
- Michigan State University Archives and Historical Collections 4
- Stephen O. Murray and Keelung Hong Special Collections 1
- Housing, Cooperative -- Michigan -- East Lansing 4
- East Lansing (Mich.) 2
- Meridian Charter Township (Mich.) 2
- Student housing -- Michigan -- East Lansing 2
- College campuses 1
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Dormitory life -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Faculty housing -- Michigan -- East Lansing. 1
- Football 1
- Greek letter societies 1
- Handcarts 1
- Hockey 1
- Housing, Cooperative -- Michigan -- East Lansing. 1
- Photographs 1
- Publications 1
- Sports 1
- Student activities -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Student housing 1
- Swimming 1
- Theater 1 ∧ less
- Alpha Psi Omega 1
- Grimes, Alan Pendleton, 1919-2008 1
- Michigan State Spartans (Football team) 1
- Michigan State University 1
- Michigan State University. Athletics. Hockey 1