Michigan State University. Men's Glee Club
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
This collection includes personal papers and photographs belonging to Charles C. Hood. The material includes correspondence, copies of certificates and diploma, membership cards, clippings, Michigan State University publications, MSU music recording, and other miscellaneous items dating from 1916 to 1974.
This collection contains memorabilia from Fred Zint's years at Michigan State College (now Michigan State University). The collection includes a Chi Omega Spring Dance Program (1951), graduation materials (1952), MSC decals, the football program from the MSC vs Ohio State game (1951), photographs of campus buildings (1952), and a 45 rpm record of the MSC Men's Glee Club (circa 1955). Note: The record has been digitized and placed online at onthebanks.msu.edu.
The collection contains newspaper articles about the club, concert programs, a blank contract, and images of the glee club clipped from publications as well as photographs of the Glee Club, Glee and Mandolin Club, and Men's Glee Club.
Also included is an undated (circa 1955) 45 rpm recording called "Men's Glee Club Sings." The songs include Close Behind the Winding Cedar with James McMahon soloist, Spartan Toast, MSC Shadows, and Fight Song.
- Sound recordings 3
- College campuses -- Michigan -- East Lansing 2
- Ephemera 2
- Glee clubs 2
- Letters (correspondence) 2
- Programs (Publications) 2
- Aerial photography 1
- Baseball 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- College sports -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- College students -- Societies and clubs 1
- Commencement ceremonies -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Football 1
- Nonfiction films 1
- Periodicals 1
- Slides 1
- Synchronized swimming 1 + ∧ less