Robert B. Brown collection
Scope and Contents Note
The Robert B. Brown collection contains motion picture film, slides, negatives and color transparencies. The film reels are mostly unidentified but may contain footage of an MSU football game, football practice, Hubbard Hall(?) in winter, Intramural building, labs and offices, children's field trip to a planetarium. Images in the collection include aerial views of Michigan State University, campus buildings, faculty and staff working, students, students in dorm rooms, classroom scenes, construction of the Cyclotron in various stages, hockey, basketball and football games. There are also images of the WKAR Radio transmitter building and the WKAR TV quonset building as well as production facilities. There are also images that are probably locally-related including synchronized swimming, ICU Publicity Campaign, interior and exteriors of a Kroger store, food and dining scenes, and people doing jobs and activities. Many of the local images are unidentified.
- 1950-1970, undated
- Brown, Robert Beals, 1928-1999 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Access
Legal Status: Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Robert B. Brown was a photographer for Michigan State University Information Services. He started in 1948 and retired in 1983 or 1984.
2 Cubic Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
- Aerial photography
- College campuses -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Michigan State University
- Michigan State University. Beaumont Tower
- Michigan State University. Buildings
- Michigan State University. Dairy Store
- Michigan State University. Faculty
- Michigan State University. Football
- Michigan State University. Men's Glee Club
- Michigan State University. Spartan Marching Band
- Michigan State University. Sparty (Statue)
- Michigan State University. Students
- National Superconducting Cyclotron Laboratory (U.S.)
- Nonfiction films
- Synchronized swimming
- WKAR (Radio station : East Lansing, Mich.)
- WKAR-TV (Television station : East Lansing, Mich.)
- Robert B. Brown Collection
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- S. Roberts
- March 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US