Charles Carlisle Hood papers
Scope and Contents
This collection includes personal papers and photographs belonging to Charles C. Hood. The material includes correspondence, copies of certificates and diploma, membership cards, clippings, Michigan State University publications, MSU music recording, and other miscellaneous items dating from 1916 to 1974.
- 1916 - 1974
- Hood, Charles Carlisle (1895-1974) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Charles Carlisle Hood was born on February 26, 1895 in Buffalo, New York. He graduated from Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) in 1917 with a degree in Horticulture. While at M.A.C., he was a member of Phi Delta Theta, the Varsity Club, the New York Club, the Horticultural Club and the Inter-Society Union. He played varsity basketball and baseball and served as class president and the J Hop Toastmaster. Hood served in the Navy as an aviator from 1918 until 1921. In 1926, he married Josephine Kuehmsted and had three children, two of whom also graduated from Michigan State (Charles, Jr. '51 and Virginia '52). He later became Vice President of Advertising for Curtis Publishing Company in Detroit. Charles Carlisle Hood, Jr. died at the age of 79 in Clearwater Beach, Florida on December 5, 1974.
0.1 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- College sports -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Glee clubs
- Hannah, John A., 1902-1991
- Letters (correspondence)
- Michigan Agricultural College
- Michigan State University. Alumni and alumnae
- Michigan State University. Buildings. Women's Building
- Michigan State University. Class of 1917
- Michigan State University. Department of Forestry
- Michigan State University. Men's Glee Club
- Programs (Publications)
- Sound recordings
- Charles Carlisle Hood Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- H. Brookhart
- November 29, 2012
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US