Walter George Knickerbocker papers
Scope and Contents
Walter A. Knickerbocker's papers consist of one scrapbook (1913-1916) containing programs and tickets from campus activities; receipts; report cards; newsclippings; photographs of family, friends, and Michigan Agricultural College; and postcards from various Michigan cities such as Flint, Pontiac, Mt. Pleasant, Alma, St. Charles, and Port Huron as well as El Paso, Texas, and Mexico. Also included are programs, receipts and miscellaneous memorabilia from M.A.C.
- 1913 - 1916
- Knickerbocker, Walter George (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Walter George "Nick" Knickerbocker (1891-circa 1960), of Clio, Michigan, earned his B.S. degree in Engineering from Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) in 1916. While at M.A.C., he was a member of the Engineering Society, the Phylean Literary Society (Beta Kappa Fraternity), and the Tau Beta Pi Society (Tau Beta Pi Fraternity and engineering honorary). After graduating, he became an Assistant Superintendent of Meters for Detroit Edison Co., and lived in Detroit, Michigan.
0.1 Cubic Feet (, 1 Volume, 3 folders)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Beta Kappa Fraternity. Alpha Phi Chapter (Michigan State College)
- Knickerbocker, Walter George
- Michigan Agricultural College
- Michigan Agricultural College. Phylean Literary Society
- Michigan State College. Tri Phi Society
- Michigan State University. Class of 1916
- Michigan State University. Engineering Society -- Chronological subdivision--1913-1916;
- Programs (Publications)
- Tau Beta Pi. Alpha Chapter (Michigan State University)
- Walter George Knickerbocker Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- D. Sadler
- July 1980
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.