Irving Kirshman papers
Scope and Contents
The papers of Irving "Happy" Kirshman consist of a scrapbook (1905-1914), programs from Michigan Agricultural College events (1912-1913), and miscellaneous memorabilia (1909-1911). The scrapbook contains a variety of items pertaining to farming activities and to student life at Michigan Agricultural College, including athletic schedules, post cards, photographs, programs, invitations, certificates, menus, greeting cards, posters, report cards, news clippings, college songs and tickets. The folder of photographs and postcards contains photographs of people, an unidentified organization, Delta Club house, man with two horses, Phylean seniors in graduation gowns, man with bicycle, post card of Ferry Field in Ann Arbor, Michigan, postcard of First Baptist Church in Fenton, Michigan, and a humorous illustrated postcard. A few of the postcards have a letter written on them.
- 1905 - 1914
- Kirshman, Irving (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Irving "Happy" Kirshman of Fenton, Michigan, earned his B.S. degree in Agriculture from Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) in 1914. While at M.A.C., Kirshman was a member of the Phylean Literary Society (Beta Kappa Fraternity), Alpha Zeta Fraternity (an agriculture honorary), and the Farmer's Club. He later became a school principal in Linden, Michigan.
0.5 Cubic Feet (, 1 volume, 2 folders)
Language of Materials
Materials were donated by Madison Kuhn.
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Agriculture -- Michigan
- Alpha Zeta. Kedzie Chapter (Michigan State University) -- Chronological subdivision--1910-1914;
- Beta Kappa Fraternity. Alpha Phi Chapter (Michigan State College) -- Chronological subdivision--1910-1914;
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Michigan Agricultural College
- Michigan Agricultural College. Phylean Literary Society
- Michigan State University. Class of 1914
- Michigan State University. Farmers' Club -- Chronological subdivision--1910-1914;
- Irving Kirshman Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- D. Sadler
- July 1980
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.