Publications Office records
Scope and Content
The collection consists of brochures and other publications. There are also photographs of campus, students, staff, cheerleaders, Spartan Marching Band, football games, track, and golf.
- 1963-1989, undated
- Michigan State University. Publications Office (Organization)
- Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Information releases before World War II were handled by the Department of Journalism and Publications. In January 1943 the two became separate units, with Lloyd H. Geil acting as head of the Publications Office . Its name was changed to the Department of Public Relations on January 1, 1946. During this time staffing was increased to include full-time editors for extension, athletics, and general news, and coverage in Michigan newspapers tripled. After Geil resigned in 1946, he was succeeded by W. Lowell Treaster.
1 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- College buildings
- College students
- Marching bands
- Michigan State University. Athletics. Golf
- Michigan State University. Athletics. Track and field
- Michigan State University. Class of 1967
- Michigan State University. Class of 1968
- Michigan State University. Football
- Michigan State University. Spartan Marching Band
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty
- Publications Office Records
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- E. Busch
- February 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US