Skip to main content

Department of Mechanical Engineering records

 Record Group
Identifier: UA-16.78

Scope and Contents

The records consist of a description of Mechanical Engineering courses and department for 1893 to 1894, a photocopy of an exam from 1895, and “Study and Practice Manual for Machinery and Instruments” by Jesse Campbell and Harold Eaton, 1949. Also included are Alumni newsletters for 2005 to 2009 and issues of the M.E. Bulletin.

Dates

  • 1886 - 2012
  • Majority of material found within 1896 - 2012

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.

Historical Note

Mechanical Engineering classes at Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) were introduced in the Engineering department in 1886. In 2007 the Department of Mechanical Engineering dedicated the Energy and Automotive Research Laboratory, for research in automotive and energy.

Extent

0.25 Cubic Feet

Language of Materials

English

Related Archival Materials

For information about mechanical drawing and design classes see the Chase Newman Papers (UA 17.37).

Legal Status

Copyright: Michigan State University.

Property Rights: Michigan State University.

Source

Title
Department of Mechanical Engineering Records
Status
3 Ready For Cataloging
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository

Contact:
Conrad Hall
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US
517-355-2330