Skip to main content

Harold J. McGarvey collection

 Collection
Identifier: UA-10.3.311

Scope and Content

This collection contains photographs and negatives of buildings, some during construction, at Michigan State College (now Michigan State University) taken by Harold J. McGarvey. There are also photographs and negatives of what appears to be the East Lansing area.

Dates

  • 1937, 1939

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.

Biographical/Historical

Harold J. McGarvey (1910-1981) was from Dearborn, Michigan. McGarvey earned his B.S. in electrical engineering in 1932 from Michigan State College (Michigan State University). While a student, he was a member of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers. In 1936, he married Virginia Chandler in Detroit. According to the M.S.C. Record (February 1939 issue), he was working as a development engineer for the Colonial Radio Corporation in Buffalo, New York. He later worked for Jeffers Electronics in DuBois, Pennsylvania.

His son, Lee McGarvey, donated the photographs and negatives to MSU.

Extent

0.1 Cubic Feet

Language of Materials

English

Custodial History

Photographs were donated to the Provost Linda O. Stanford who transferred to MSU Archives in 2006.

Legal Status

Copyright: Michigan State University.

Property Rights: Michigan State University.

Title
Harold J. McGarvey Collection
Status
3 Ready For Cataloging
Author
D. Sherwood
Date
October 2014
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository

Contact:
Conrad Hall
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US
517-355-2330