Bill Castanier collection
Scope and Contents
This collection contains thirteen glass-plate negatives, depicting scenes of the campus of Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University), including farm and greenhouse buildings, the Chemical Laboratory, Morrill Hall, Agriculture Hall, and the original President's House. Although the images are undated, the buildings and dress suggest that they date to the late 1800s.
Also included in this collection are a MSU Santa cartoon drawn by Phil Frank, and three decorated MSC envelopes (postmarked 1935 and 1936) pasted to a scrapbook page with one cartoon on the reverse side. The 1930s drawings are by an unidentified artist (possibly James Trott).
The collection contains photographs and negatives of President Barack Obama's visit to Michigan State University on February 7, 2014 to sign the Agricultural Act of 2014.
- 1934 - 1935
- Castanier, Bill (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
0.1 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Agricultural colleges -- Michigan
- College buildings -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College campuses -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Glass plate negatives
- Michigan Agricultural College. Buildings
- Michigan Agricultural College. Students
- Michigan State University
- Michigan State University. Agriculture Hall
- Michigan State University. Morrill Hall
- Tennis -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Women college students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Bill Castanier Collection
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.