Edward Banks papers
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of photographs of Michigan State University, East Lansing and Lansing, Michigan.
Six photographs taken between March to May 1932 show a chemistry classroom/lab and chemistry apparatus, some with and without students.
Three photographs show downtown Lansing, including the State Capitol, a view of Michigan Avenue taken from the steps of the Capitol building, and a view of the R.E. Olds Building taken from the 12th floor.
Two photographs show the MSU Horticulture building and a picture of Grand River Avenue taken near the Union.
Two photographs show the Beal Botanical Garden, one with the Beaumont Tower in the background and the other with a couple strolling through the garden.
One photograph shows a student studying at a table, another of MSU campus with an unofficial baseball field, and an aerial photograph of campus.
- Banks, Edward Arthur Hasterley (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Edward Banks was a graduate student at Michigan State College (now Michigan State University) from 1931-1932.
0.1 Cubic Feet (, 17 photos)
Language of Materials
Gift of Kathleen Hewick.
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Chemistry -- Study and teaching
- East Lansing (Mich.)
- Lansing (Mich.)
- Michigan State Capitol (Lansing, Mich.)
- Michigan State University
- Michigan State University. Class of 1934
- Michigan State University. Department of Chemistry
- Michigan. Department of Agriculture
- W.J. Beal Botanical Garden
- Edward Banks Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- J. Russell
- February 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.