Skip to main content

Department of Agricultural Economics records

 Record Group
Identifier: UA-16.5

Scope and Contents

The records consist of department administrative materials as well as reports and publications. There is material about the bean industry, creameries, and elevators. Also included are bylaws, financial information and questionnaires relating to cooperatives, exchanges, agriculture associations, and farm bureaus in Michigan. These are arranged by county and then alphabetically by name. The collection also contains photographs of images of cooperative creameries from around the state. There are studies with associated maps documenting farm demographics in Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.

Dates

  • 1900 - 2007

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.

Historical Note

The first course relating to agriculture economics was offered in 1906 when the Department of History and Economics was created. In 1916, the Department of Economics was established which included classes related to agriculture. In 1949, the Department of Agriculture Economics was created by merging the agriculture section of the economics department and the Farm Management Department.

Extent

10.25 Cubic Feet

Language of Materials

English

Legal Status

Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.

Title
Department of Agricultural Economics Records
Status
4 Published And Cataloged
Date
November 2007
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository

Contact:
Conrad Hall
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US
517-355-2330