Department of Agricultural Economics records
Scope and Contents
The records consist of department administrative materials as well as reports and publications. There is also material about the bean industry, creameries, and elevators. Also included are bylaws, financial information and questionnaires relating to cooperatives, exchanges, agriculture associations and farm bureaus in Michigan. They are arranged by county and then alphabetically by name. The collection also contains photographs of images of cooperative creameries from around the state. There is also studies with associated maps documenting farm demographics in Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.
- 1900 - 2007
- Rural Resettlement Administration (Organization)
- Michigan State University. Department of Agricultural Economics (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The first course relating to agriculture economics was offered in 1906 when the Department of History and Economics was created. In 1916 The Department of Economics was established which included classes related to agriculture. In 1949 the Department of Agriculture Economics was created by merging the agriculture section of the Economics department and the Farm Management Department. The Farm Management Department was created in 1921.
10.25 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University
Property Right: Michigan State University
- Berg, Herbert Andrew (Donor, Person)
- Mauch, Arthur (Donor, Person)
- Michigan State University. Department of Information Services (Donor, Organization)
- Department of Agricultural Economics Records
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- November 2007
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.